El Cielo Cozumel is a dreamy snorkeling location and all visitors in Cozumel just love it. The good news is that the place is so beautiful that it is considered a protected area. The crystal clear water and the starfish combined together resembles the sky. This also means that access to El Cielo is closed most of the year in order to preserve its beauty.
The main things you will love about El Cielo Cozumel are the water, the starfish, and the stingrays, that usually are very friendly with the visitors.
This place is also known as El Cielito, which means Little Sky Beach. When visiting El Cielo Cozumel consider the following tips:
- Do not touch or attempt to touch any starfish
- It is not allowed to consume any alcoholic or soft drinks
- There are not reef in El Cielo, is more like a sandbar
- There is marine life protection staff always watching
- Respect all the preservation regulations told by the guides
We highly recommend getting your ticket to El Cielo in advance. The tours usually combine the visit to Coral reefs and El Cielo in Cozumel on one tour. In this way, you can enjoy the coral reefs and the starfish sanctuary together.